Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Gov. Kaine Again Lauds 2nd Annual Cinderella Ball, Praises The House's Mentoring Programs

Exciting News!

Gov. Tim Kaine has again praised The House's efforts to help Virginia students through the Cinderella Ball and our mentoring programs.

Here's the letter (click on it for a full version). The text of the letter is also printed below.


Dear Friends:

On behalf of the Commonwealth of Virginia I send warm greetings to the organizers and attendees of the second annual Cinderella Ball hosted by The House, Inc.

I commend The House for your hard work and commitment to once again holding this year’s Cinderella Ball and I am confident that the Ball will be a huge success. Over the past year, the reputation of this event has grown and I am very pleased that some very special guests have been able to join you this evening. While I am not able to join you, please know that you have my support and I wish you all the very best of luck in all of your future endeavors.

When I served as the Chairperson of the Disability Commission, I learned so much about the needs and abilities of Virginians with disabilities and how government can best respond to them. One of the greatest lessons I learned was that persons with disabilities most often have the same needs and desires of any citizen. The Cinderella Ball offers many youngsters the opportunity to get dressed up and have a special evening.

I am also pleased to see the continuing impact of the mentoring offered by The House. By offering mentoring opportunities and matching youngsters with positive role models, you are assuring that these young students can stay on the right path and, eventually, help others. As a direct result of what you do at The House, your students develop independent skills and will one day serve as a positive role model for someone else.

Again, congratulations on hosting such a worthwhile event and best wishes for continued success.

Sincerely,

Timothy M. Kaine

No comments: